by MATT GORDON Staff Writer
10. McDonald’s- Yes, the golden arches do make the list of top values. The expansive dollar menu features many classics, such as the McDouble and small fries, as well as some new favorites, like the fruit and yogurt parfait.
9. Kentucky Fried Chicken- The colonel would be proud to know that his world famous chicken is a modern value. Their plated meals give you a taste of home cooking on the go and are a great value for someone looking for a complete meal.
8. Nathan’s Famous- From the classic corn dog to a Philly cheesesteak, Nathan’s is known for bringing classic American fare for a low price. However, what gives this restaurant its value is the inclusion of Arthur Treacher’s seafood, which adds variety and another choice if you’re not in the mood for a hot dog.
7. Baja Fresh- Latin and Mexican food has really taken our country by storm. Not only does the food taste good, but at Baja Fresh, everything is prepared right in front of you and made fresh. If that is not value, I don’t know what is.
6. Dunkin Donuts- Everybody’s favorite neighborhood coffee shop is a value of its own. For breakfast, lunch, and even dinner, you can eat a different type of meal every time. Also, with endless flavors of donuts, how could you not find one that you love?
5. Panera Bread- Although being viewed as a little expensive, Panera Bread is worth every cent. With a menu based on soups, salads, and sandwiches, it is also a healthier choice than the usual burger joint.
4. Chick-fil-a- With the signature sauces for dipping, one could definitely eat more of this chicken. However, the crinkle-cut fries are definitely some of the best out there, and also pair well with the dipping sauces.
3. Chipotle- Yet another Mexican-based restaurant makes the list and this one is absolutely the best out there. A simple menu has allowed for better attention to the details and the traditional Mexican flavors shine through. This quite possibly could be some of the best dollars ever spent.
2. Wendy’s- Unanimously the best burger of all of the burger joints here, but the square burgers are not the only things different with this restaurant’s burgers. Every one comes with all the toppings already on for your enjoyment, and their choice of side dish allows you to pick and choose what you want for your value meal, unlike the usual side fries. Also, their old training videos are pure gold. You will definitely have this song stuck in your head after viewing this video.
1. Five Guys- In a category of its own, Five Guys provides a gourmet burger for a mere$5, and their signature steak-style fresh-cut fries are truly to die for. Once again, a simple menu and the focus on doing one or two things right paid off, with the restaurant receiving many high ratings from Zagat surveys for best fast food burger and best value. Five Guys is definitely the best fast food value out there, and is a can’t miss restaurant for a quick bite.